Our mission and vision
- It is time to renovate and accelerate the discovery and development of drugs for rare diseases. Esperare is an essential player in the innovative, collaborative system that will be created to make a difference in this world.
- As a nonprofit organisation, our priorities are not determined by the size of a market, they are solely defined by the medical needs and great science. Above all, we strive to apply our patient-centric model and pharma know-how to advance new treatments for underserved patients.
- For me it is a privilege to represent Merck Serono on the Board of EspeRare, I firmly believe that this exciting new Foundation can make a real difference to the lives of patient’s with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and other rare diseases.
- Fostering access to health for patients that are the most in need is what this foundation is about, and is what I am about.
- Duchenne is a heartbreaking disease. Children like Laurent, my cousin, affected with this disease are bright and engaged but as they grow up, they inexorably get weaker and experience the loss of the few abilities they had acquired. I have in my genes the eagerness to find treatments for this disease and I am committed to give them the strength to fight their disease.